About Me

My photo
I grew up in Southern Mississippi, and at eleven years of age I invited Jesus Christ into my life. Several years later, I married a young man from Oklahoma and we eventually moved to his home state. There we welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby boy. Four and a half years later, our daughter was born and unfortunately tragedy struck. Our daughter suffered brain damage during open heart surgery. In the years that followed, I was her care-giver. I've been stretched and remolded as I've journeyed through many trials. I was widowed in 2003 and as my husband was dying, he said for him one of the most difficult things was knowing that I would probably bury our daughter without him. I told him should that occur, when she died I would picture in my heart him seeing her walk and talk for the first time and that would bring me strength and joy. I can truly say that it did. His death started me on this journey as "a single wife." The first eight years of blogging are as a grieving, healing widow. Now the posts are as a newly remarried who has found life after widowhood.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Moms Keep Us Young

My mom is ninty-six.  She thinks I'm young.  I like that but she does tell it like it is in some areas.  A couple of years ago she looked at me and said,  "Have you been to the dentist lately?  Your teeth are like your brother's, you've drank so much coffee that they're yellow. You need to get them cleaned."
I had them cleaned twice a year so I knew cleaning was not the ticket. And I looked at pictures of myself, and I could see my whites were not so white anymore.  I promptly went to my dentist and ordered his tooth whitening process.  My mom now approves of my smile and I check my pictures ever so often to see if I need to whiten again.  After all, I still drink coffee.  Are your teeth white?  Don't visit my mom if you don't want to know the truth.
    My teeth are white but my last visit she commented that my blouses looked a bit skimpy.  Hummm....same sized tops?  Opps, I'd better weigh.

No comments: