About Me

My photo
I grew up in Southern Mississippi, and at eleven years of age I invited Jesus Christ into my life. Several years later, I married a young man from Oklahoma and we eventually moved to his home state. There we welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby boy. Four and a half years later, our daughter was born and unfortunately tragedy struck. Our daughter suffered brain damage during open heart surgery. In the years that followed, I was her care-giver. I've been stretched and remolded as I've journeyed through many trials. I was widowed in 2003 and as my husband was dying, he said for him one of the most difficult things was knowing that I would probably bury our daughter without him. I told him should that occur, when she died I would picture in my heart him seeing her walk and talk for the first time and that would bring me strength and joy. I can truly say that it did. His death started me on this journey as "a single wife." The first eight years of blogging are as a grieving, healing widow. Now the posts are as a newly remarried who has found life after widowhood.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Learning to Enjoy

 I've had to learn to enjoy this stage of life...not because I minded aging(let's face it, the alternative ain't so good and involves dirt) but because I minded giving up several loved ones including my mate of almost thirty-three years.  How about you?  Had to move forward without someone you love?  The way seems strange but it's not without hope.  Just be careful where you place your hope. If you put it in replacing that loved one with someone new, your hope is misplaced.  It'll ease the pain for a little while but it may lead to much more pain.  Let yourself heal and learn to live in your new shoes. Recognize that there is still wonderful purpose for your life...and attitude(or we could call it Faith) is one of the biggest things that will push you forward.  I share these things as one who misplaced her hope  and bore the painful results of doing so.  I don't want you to make the same mistakes I made.
  1. Start a gratitude journal and add something new everyday.
  2. Learn to embrace(accept willingly) this season of life.
  3. Get to know the real you (I didn't really know myself)
  4. Find other's that are healing too and be a cheerleader for them.
  5. Realize this can be some of the best days of your life
  6. Don't give up hope that number five is true

No comments: